CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems with the barrel selector on a Beretta 682 E
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi,

I have a 2004 model Beretta S682E. Every now and then I have experienced problems moving the selector from one barrel to another manually. The selector kind of get stuck in between the two barrels and my only option is to continue shooting with that barrel (especially if it is in a competition). I have resolved the problems by opening and closing my gun a couple of times, sometimes it helps to only force the barrel to open all the way when I open the gun to insert ammo.

I am not a gunsmith, but I don´t think that it is supposed to be this way ???? Before shooting, it almost always works perfect, but after a few shots the problem seems to appear.

It should be possible to change barrels both with the gun loaded and unloaded right ?

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue ? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

P.S the gun was serviced just last month at a gunsmith.

Best Regards
Trond
Norway

Post subject: Re: Problems with the barrel selector on a Beretta 682 E
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have no idea what would cause that. Have you had the stock off to make sure that everything is clean and lubed?

Most competitive shooters have the barrel selector and safety both locked anyway, so that may be something to consider.