CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Filli Gamba trigger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi and hello, {hs# I have just picked up a san remo sxs by Filli Gambar made January 1959 , look to be ivory teardrops on the stock, anson and deely boxlock, my problem is the front trigger is like 6lb, back trigger is like 1lb and needs adjustment, trouble is I have never touched a side by side before, under the bottom plate there is two screws visable on what appear to be flat springs, possibly pressure adjustment ?, can anyone help with a good schematic or photo with detail so I can identify the parts thanks

Post subject: Re: Filli Gamba trigger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Take it to a qualified gunsmith. Triggers are not something you should be fooling with if you have to ask this question in the first place...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:32 am 
Utility Grade

drsfmd wrote:
Take it to a qualified gunsmith. Triggers are not something you should be fooling with if you have to ask this question in the first place...

Mate where I am there aint no side by side experts, we have a country as big as the states with only 22.5 million people, gunsmiths are few and far between, our goverment hates guns and paid millions buying gun dealers and gunsmiths out, they banned all semi auto and pump action, then melted them down, next is lever action they hate guns, besides I am 250klm from town, as for me, not everybody can be as smart as you yanks think you are lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 pm 
Crown Grade

F.LLI Gamba stopped producing guns over 20 years ago. Guido Gamba runs a machine shop these days, and he still has new-old-stock guns and parts on hand. Contact him for more information:

Gamba Giovanni s.r.l
E-Mail: tommaso@gambamacchine.it

Mobile: +39 339 54 81 193

Phone: +39.030.831096 / +39.030.8913312

fax +39.030.8911371
www.gambamacchine.it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm 
Utility Grade

Thomas Gamba confirmed the gun was custom built in 1959 however he did not know who for but here a couple of pics, one showing the teardrops, Image Image