Shotgun Forum banner

Weaver Choke Tubes

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  T-Bone 
#1 ·
Is there a source for 16ga. Weaver Choke Tubes? or Do any current choke tubes interchange with the Weaver Choke Tube System?

I saw a 16ga. M-12 with the Weaver Choke Device (1/2 choke tube in place), very good shape for $290.00.

#3 ·
Thanks A5guy;I'm still debating whether to buy the gun, but I appreciate your suggestions and the Weaver phone#.

I've done some research and Weaver stopped making their choke device about 1961. I doubt too many 16ga. Weaver Choke Device Tubes still exist.

#4 ·
They are sort of hard to find. But you never know. Several years back, I came across a box of Cutts,Weaver and an unknown brand of chokes,83 in all, for the staggering price of $3 at a yard sale. Some of the 28,20 and 16 Cutts tubes were pure gold on Ebay. I kept a complete set of new 28ga and 20ga tubes for my M12s and sold the broken sets that I had for those guns. I found a factory Weaver leather holder for my 16ga A5 tubes. It still has the original box with a price tag of $1.35.

When you find Weaver tubes on Ebay,they are pretty reasonable.

If I run across any,I'll drop you a note. I don't have any 16ga tubes for sale/trade now.

#5 ·
T-Bone,
Weaver Choke tubes on a Model 12, WOW! This is going back a bit!
Check with Stan Bakers grandson in Seattle, for Stan used to dig up some "oldies" for me every now and then when one of these out of production ones came into my shop. Stan passed away a year or so back and he had an extensive accumulation of numerous barrel devices. Great Guy too!!!

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.