Shotgun Forum banner

help with zabala/richland arms SxS .410

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  A5guy 
#1 ·
When I was a kid, my Dad gave me a side by side .410, and I still have it. I would like to fit it with a new stock since it was shortened to fit me when I was in my pre-teen years and have grown (slightly) since then. Trouble is I don't know much about the gun, or where to find parts for it. Heck I don't even know if it's chambered for 2.75 or 3", although I'm 99% sure I remember shooting 3" through it.

On one barrel it says "made for richland arms co., blissfield, MI. On the other barrel it says "zabala hnos. SRC-eibar - madein spain".

Can anyone offer any insight on this gun, where to find parts, chamber length, even what chokes the barrels are? Any info would be appreciated so I can get this gun back out into the field and enjoy it.

Thanks

Tom

#2 ·
TomFL,
Depending on how much was cut off from your stock, an "extension" could be attached and fitted to your existed stock. A reasonably close match of wood is attached, fitted, ground and sanded to match the exact contour of your stock, and then the entire stock is refinished. This is much less costly and often more than satisfactory.
I offer this just as alternative to complete re-stocking Tom and considering this shotgun is a Zabala-Hermanos, I think it is the most feasible and practical path for you.
Let us know how this works out for you O-K?

Rays

#4 ·
Yes, already sent him a PM to see what it would run. Anyone have any more info on the gun as far as chambers, chokes, etc?

Thanks

-Tom

#5 ·
If your gun is a Model 200, it is probably has 3" chambers. Any deceint gunsmith can measure it for you. The gun was probably made between 1963 and 1985 by Zabala Hermanos,S.A. in Eibar, Spain.

Zabala Hermanos, S.A. - Apartado de Corres #97 - 20600 Eibar, Spain - FAX # 011-34-943-768201 ( Fax may be old).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.