CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pacific DL 360 reloader
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Pacific DL 360 12 ga. reloader that I would to know the value on. It is in good condition with the exception of a broken primer feed tube.

Post subject: Re: Pacific DL 360 reloader
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

The 360 is long obsolete, I'd be surprise if brought $75.

BP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey FNFjr,

Where are you located? Perhaps someone nearby might be interested in buying it. The cost of shipping on that press would he a detrement to selling it also. I had one over 40 years ago, and it was a good press. Availability of parts is an obvious problem that really limits its value to those wanting to load shells today.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm 

Will Hornady parts not work?

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey Curly,

There are a lot of parts on the old Pacific DLs that are no longer furnished by Hornady. They are some old presses, and it seems Hornady cannot support them all. I have rebuilt a few old Pacifics some years ago, and I was unable to get many parts from Hornady. There are some roller bearings that are interchangeable, but a lot of the parts are not. Then again, if the press is in good working order, it could last another 50 years before any part breaks. As far as the primer tube working, I would check to see if a 366 tube might be made to work. Off hand, I forget what the primer tube was like on the DLs, but I bet I could get one to work somehow.

I really do admire these old Pacific progressive presses. They are well made machines and works of art at the same time. The new 366 progressives are simply more evolved versions of the same old DL models, but not many folks who want a progressive would choose an old DL over the 366.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Yes, some of the current Hornady parts will work with a bit of modification. The 360 was a forerunner of the 366 but is somewhat different. Not as many stations etc. Dies, wad guides, bushings, and I'd bet primer tubes will likely interchange either straight across or with a bit of modification. I still wouldn't give much for one.

I've seen them keep coming back and coming back to gun shows with $100 price tag on them. Obviously that is more than the traffic will bear in these parts.

BP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey guys, thanks for your input. I'm in Charlotte, NC. I'll try to look into these other models for interchangable primer tube. I have the brass tubes, but the release mechanism is broken. I am going to attempt to machine a new one. All other parts are in great shape. In my younger days I pulled that handle a few thoundsand times but I don't do much shooting anymore and would love to see someone else get the same enjoyment from it as I used to.
Thanks again for your kind comments.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 pm 

Burnt Powder wrote:
Yes, some of the current Hornady parts will work with a bit of modification. The 360 was a forerunner of the 366 but is somewhat different. Not as many stations etc. Dies, wad guides, bushings, and I'd bet primer tubes will likely interchange either straight across or with a bit of modification. I still wouldn't give much for one.

I've seen them keep coming back and coming back to gun shows with $100 price tag on them. Obviously that is more than the traffic will bear in these parts.

BP

Thanks BP, as you already know, You the person with obsolete stuff have to look for things that will work. Do not expect there to be a list of parts interchange, unless you make it yourself.

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a hand-me-down DL-115 that is still going strong. A friend of mine gave it to me a couple of years ago when I started shooting with my boys. I enjoy it but may replace it soon with a progressive unit.

#1 Dallas Cowboys fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

115?

I'm familiar with 101, 105, and 155, but a 115? Probabaly, they made a lot of different machines. Many far different from others.

BP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

I fat fingered my post above BP - mine is a DL - 155.

#1 Dallas Cowboys fan