CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parker DH Grade Possibly for sale..
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 pm 
Field Grade

I have a Parker DH grade 12 ga with 30" Damascus barrels and a skeleton butt plate, also very detailed engraving. In extremely nice condition. 90% or more. Circa 1896. It is a somewhat sentimental gun as I inherited it, but I just can't see having a gun to just sit in my safe. I want something I can use and I require a shorter barrel and lighter gun for my hunting endeavors. I am wondering if there is anyway to possibly get a 16 Ga 26" barrel made for my gun? If its not possible I would assume sell it and pick up a 16 ga parker on an O frame.

Let me know guys! Thanks

Post subject: Re: Parker DH Grade Possibly for sale..
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The old Damascus Parkers can be monoblocked and for enough money can often even be rebarreled in one gauge smaller, but the price you'd pay would surely buy a nice 16 gauge Parker, A.H. Fox, L.C. Smith or Ithaca with steel barrels, which might handle a lot better anyway. The few men who know how to do what you want done aren't cheap, and I'd have no idea of how to find them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 am 
Crown Grade

You might consider getting fitted tubes from Briley, one gauge smaller. That's about the least expensive way to do it, and you even get choke tubes with the deal! I don't know if they make them in 16 gauge, although 20 gauge is a sure thing. Check them out!

But it DOES give you a viable option!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Or, you can do what I do with my old Damasus LC Smith and just shoot Winchester AA Reduced Recoil Extra Lites. I haven't blown up anything yet.:)