Shotgun Forum banner

Parker DH Grade Possibly for sale..

924 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperXOne 
#1 ·
I have a Parker DH grade 12 ga with 30" Damascus barrels and a skeleton butt plate, also very detailed engraving. In extremely nice condition. 90% or more. Circa 1896. It is a somewhat sentimental gun as I inherited it, but I just can't see having a gun to just sit in my safe. I want something I can use and I require a shorter barrel and lighter gun for my hunting endeavors. I am wondering if there is anyway to possibly get a 16 Ga 26" barrel made for my gun? If its not possible I would assume sell it and pick up a 16 ga parker on an O frame.

Let me know guys! Thanks

#2 ·
The old Damascus Parkers can be monoblocked and for enough money can often even be rebarreled in one gauge smaller, but the price you'd pay would surely buy a nice 16 gauge Parker, A.H. Fox, L.C. Smith or Ithaca with steel barrels, which might handle a lot better anyway. The few men who know how to do what you want done aren't cheap, and I'd have no idea of how to find them.

#3 ·
You might consider getting fitted tubes from Briley, one gauge smaller. That's about the least expensive way to do it, and you even get choke tubes with the deal! I don't know if they make them in 16 gauge, although 20 gauge is a sure thing. Check them out!

But it DOES give you a viable option!

#4 ·
Or, you can do what I do with my old Damasus LC Smith and just shoot Winchester AA Reduced Recoil Extra Lites. I haven't blown up anything yet.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.