CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi Veloce SP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hi:

Has anybody seen this gun or used it? What are your impressions?

Tia,

Leomat

Post subject: Re: Franchi Veloce SP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

I know nothing about the SP version but I own a Veloce 20 ga. It is a nice light field gun. It's a bit light for the games but I have shot a bit of skeet any sporting clays and 5-stand with it but I prefer a heavier gun at the range. My gun being one of the first Veloce on the market not an SP does not have fancy wood but it isn't kindling either. Biggest negative I have with it is the auto safety. I tried to disable it but the way it works the mechanism needs to stay intact or it will go on safe with the first shot by it's self, not good.

Would I buy one again? Not if I intended it for skeet or sporting clays but it is hard to imagine sweeter light carrying field gun.

BP

Post subject: Re: Franchi Veloce SP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 am 
Presentation Grade

I just acquired a Veloce in 28 gauge. Haven't been able to take it out yet but it sure is nice and light and is quick to shoulder and point. Should be a nice gun for carrying in the field.