CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paragon model W.S. single shot 12ga.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 pm 
Utility Grade

i came across this in my parents house yesterday. i have been trying to research it and am having no luck. does anyone know anything about this shot gun. if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. the model number starts with an A i just cant remember the rest.

Post subject: Re: Paragon model W.S. single shot 12ga.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm not sure about the W.S. but I have a listing for the name PARAGON alone. It is what is called a "Trade Brand Name" shotgun. A "Trade Brand Name" shotgun is one that was made by a major maker for and was sold by a wholesaler or retailer who chose the name to go on the gun. The name Paragon was used on shotguns made by either the Stevens Arms & Tool Company or the Baker Gun & Forging Company. Who the seller was, I haven't been able to find out. I'm going to make a WAG and say Stevens was the maker Value? Everyone wants to know. Value of one of these old guns depends on its condition, the amount of original finish remaining on the metal and wood as well as the mechanical condition. Values can range from a high of $175 for one that appears to have come out of the factory yesterday afternoon to a low of $10 for a rusty rotten incomplete piece of junk that might bring $10 as a tomato plant stake. Most single barrels in the standard gauges sell in the range of $50 to $75.