CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: worlds challenge ejector info
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:26 pm 
Utility Grade

need info and value of this worlds challenge ejector? i think its from the late 1800's or early 1900's, it does not have the thing around the trigger and did not have one originally. i think its a 16 gauge

Last edited by Seth51895 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: worlds challenge injector info
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 pm 
Crown Grade

It is/was a gun made by a major manufacurer for Sears, Roebuck & Co. to sell. Sears chose the name to be roll-stamped on it. In the 1902 Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalogue they listed for $4.90. My best guess is it was made by Forehand Arms Co.

In the condition it is in it might get $20 from someone who wanted some part off it. By the way that is EJECTOR. Injectors are in the engine compartment of you vehicle. And, oh yes it did have a trigger guard when new.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 pm 
Crown Grade

I agree with Researcher01 except on the makers name. According to my research the gun was made by the Meriden Fire Arms Company of Meriden, CT (1905 to 1910) or possibly Andrew Fyrberg & Sons of Hopkinton,MA In any case it was made for and sold by Sears Roebuck & Co of Chicago,IL Form some unknown reason, the photographs of the gun have disappeared
from my computer. The gun is one of two models made by Meridian, either a pointed frame model or a round frame model depending on the shape of the side of the frame and was made between 1905 and 1908. Yes the gun did have a trigger guard when it came out of the factory

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm 
Field Grade

The 1908 Sears catalog shows the same profile "Improved World's Challenge Automatic Ejector", now "Taper Choke Bored" made by "The New England Gun Co." Several Aubrey hammer single barrels are shown, all with a rounded receiver.
The "White Powder Wonder" was the least expensive single listed and was a Crescent gun. "The New England Gun Co." was not a Crescent tradename and could have been Fyrberg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 pm 
Utility Grade

i spelled the name of it wrong it is a WORLDS CHALLENGE EJECTOR

Post subject: Re: worlds challenge ejector info
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:49 pm 
Utility Grade

it did not have a thing around the trigger originally look at this picture