Shotgun Forum banner

Hubertus Gewehr .16 Ga. S&S

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  doubleslover 
#1 ·
I have a Hubertus Gewehr .16Ga. SxS My father brought it back from Germany after WW2. As an officer in Intelligence Corps. he says they burned guns like this in piles outside the old manor houses in Germany so the locals would not have guns in their rear areas. Anyway I have a good idea what it is but not when it was made. I found your forum while googleing Hubertus and saw a post about a similar gun. However this gun had exterior hammers and looks totally different. Mine also has the GDRGM 32200 engraved above the barrell release. I believe you mentioned that meant it was produced between 1894 and 1900. Could this gun really be that old also? There is a number under the foregrip 28769. There is a Crown with an S stamped on each barrell and what looks like a starburst on each barrell. I am going to try to get photos in here but we'll see. Any recent sales of this type of shot gun? I had Cabela's appraise it at $1400 in 2003. So I guess my question is how old and how much?
Thanks

#2 ·
[So I guess my question is how old and how much?]

[I believe you mentioned that meant it was produced between 1894 and 1900.]

[ Could this gun really be that old also?] - Yes.

[ I had Cabela's appraise it at $1400 in 2003.] - Not too far off IMHO, given the recent economic downturn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.