CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parker bros shotgun value
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello all,

I have a Parker bros. Sxs double barrel shotgun. 12gauge. Serial number 205575. I know nothing about these guns and would like to figure out what kind of value it has. I am sure condition is everything. I would call it good condition. It is obviously worn but still shines, wood looks good and the barrels are in decent condition. Any help would b great.

Thanks, D

Post subject: Re: Parker bros shotgun value
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:35 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Your gun was made in 1923. Value will depend on the grade and condition. Check out http://www.Parkergun.org

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:32 am 
Utility Grade

Assuming the gun is in good condition, does anyone know an approximate value.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 am 
Presentation Grade

We need to know the grade and condition. Condition is everything in whatever grade. Pics will help greatly. As an example, I recently bought a Parker VH grade 12 gauge in good condition for $450.00 shipped. I could also buy a higher grade gun for several thousand. So it needs to be narrowed down. Otherwise if it is a basic Trojan or VH grade in good condition as you describe, it could be from $450.00 to $800.00.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 pm 
Crown Grade

First, go to the Parker Gun Collectors Association web site, --

http://parkerguns.org/

and read all the various sections on Parker identification and Parker Grades, picks from the colume on the left side of the window. Then, refine your question including the grade, gauge, barrel length, frame size, grip style, options (ejectors, single selective trigger, beavertail forearm, vent rib) etc., and either repost it here or ask it on the PGCA forums.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dingleberry2,

Putting a value on a Parker is tricky business. As mentioned there are a couple of factors that will affect the value of your shotgun

1 - Grade - As you will see on the Parker site, there were a variety of successfully fancier grades of Parkers. The fancier (or higher) the grade, the few that were made, and the higher the value. As a rule, sub-gauges (20, 28 & .410), because they were less numerous, are of greater value than 12 gauges.
2 - Condition - What sort of shape is the gun in. Are the bores bright, barrels and action free of rust. How much of the case hardening remains on the action. What condition is the stock in.
3 - Original - A gun may look great, in almost like new condition. However, if it looks like new and is all original (original blueing, case hardening, finish on the stock) it is of much greater value than the same gun that has been worked on (even by skills craftsmen) and had these things redone (e.g. reblued the barrels, re-casehardened the action, refinished the stock).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:02 pm 
Crown Grade

FWIW, the "grade", AND the frame size (there's a premium paid for frames that are small-for-gauge), should be stamped into the action's watertable/flats, as will the SN.

Value also hinges on the presence (or not) of factory-original options like selective ejectors ILO an extractor, single trigger ILO DT, straight grip ILO PG, any butt treatment ILO a HR BP, forend config - the list goes on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently bought a Parker VH grade 12 gauge in good condition Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:50 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks for all the great info so far. I will gather the additional info and post it with some pics for further expert opinion.

Thanks, D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am 
Utility Grade

"Have parker bros. shotgun 1904 serial 127734? ... If you give us the model I can give you a much closer value,