CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stan Baker Barrels?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I just bought an older Remington 1100 with a Stan Baker Barrel on it. Looks awesome! What I would like to know is more info on that kinda barrel?

Post subject: Re: Stan Baker Barrels?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Stan Baker was a very well known barrel,maker,in Seattle Wash.,he has been deceased for many years now.He could make a new barrel or rework yours to what you would want,usually overbored barrels
and long forcing cones.Just Goggle Stan Baker barrels and look for info.

Post subject: Re: Stan Baker Barrels?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Stan Baker was considered one of foremost shotgun barrel experts of his time. If I am not mistaken, he invented the screw in choke.

Stan Baker tuned the barrels on many of the shotguns I own. They all shoot great. When he ask me what I wanted done, I told him what I was going to use the gun for and let him do the rest.

As mentioned above, Stan did a lot of overboring and marketed a big bore barrel.

Stan would ask me when I needed the gun and it would always show up right before I needed it. To say the least, I learned much from Stan and miss him very much.

Roger3006