CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gamba gardone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:43 am 
Utility Grade

hi i have a shotgun and it has gamba gardone v.t stamped on it also it has fusil special the roman numerals xv serial number 12840 and a pattern etched into it that looks like some kind of flowers it is a side by side 12g shotgun that is estamted to be 40 years old any information guess at value would be much appreciated cheers

Post subject: Re: gamba gardone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:58 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Renato Gamba is a well respected maker in Gardone,Italy. This is in the Val Trompe region of Italy and many makers are located there. This explains the writing "Gamba,Gardone V.T.".

There was another Gamba, Filli (brothers), that made guns in the same region from 1945. They sold out to Renato in 1967 so your gun could be a R.Gamba or a F.Gamba(Gamba brothers) if it is about 40 years old.

At any rate, to identify your gun we would need to know several things. Is it a boxlock or a side lock? If it is a boxlock(most Gambas are) is it a Ansen Deely or Purdey type? A complete description and a photo will also help. Condition was not mentioned and is a huge factor.

Gamba SxS guns can bring from $500 for a well used Hunter Super Model to $40,000 or more for an Ambassador Model in 100% condition.

Gamba firearms have been imported by Heckler & Koch, Gamba of North America(Fireing Line Inc.) and Armscorp of America. I am not sure if they were imported,or by whom,back 40 years ago. The last phone numbers that I have for Gamba U.S. is 212-980-6687 and Italy(Fax) 0011-39-30-8912-180.

Last edited by A5guy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: gamba gardone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

http://www.renatogamba.it/

Don't open that page if you have other applications open with unsaved data. Every time I try to go past the home page it locks up and I have to close the application (it didn't force me to close other applications, but you never know). I think it is the music on the site that does it. Lousy music, anyway.