CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BPS Grade III
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:21 pm 
Field Grade

I recently acquired a Browning BPS Grade III in 12 ga. with a 28" barrel with Inv. Plus chokes.
It has a silver engraved receiver with ducks and pheasants and a gold trigger. It has oil finished grade III wood. It is as new except for a few storage scratches on the top of the receiver.
My Blue Book doesn`t list this model.
Does anyone have a current Blue Book that shows this model?
What are the values?

Thanks, Dennis

Post subject: Re: BPS Grade III
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

I don't know what the blue book value is, but just to give you something to compare to, I picked up a NIB grade 3 BPS in 16 ga about 2 months ago for $700. Looks exactly like your picture...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:36 pm 
Utility Grade

TheBanker - Not trying to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a grade three 16 ga. BPS for my youngest son as a Christmas present. I was not able to find any. Would it be possible that where you purchased yours might still have another in stock?

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mike Wazowski wrote:
TheBanker - Not trying to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a grade three 16 ga. BPS for my youngest son as a Christmas present. I was not able to find any. Would it be possible that where you purchased yours might still have another in stock?

Mike

I think the one I got was the only one they had, but it would not hurt to try to give them a call. they are a very large dealer here, and usually have or can get about anything...

http://www.genesears.com/about-us/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

Its funny this thread has come up I just searched gunbroker for a gr. III BPS I have been searching for one for sometime they seem to be rather elusive. I remember seeing one in NIB condition a year or 2 ago for $350 I should have jumped on it but like an idiot I did not. Is $700 the going rate for these nowadays? also I thought the 16 ga gr III was a shot show special can anyone confirm that? Was the gr. III offered in all gauges at some point I would like a 20 or 28 or was it only available in 12 or 16?

Aaron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 am 
Field Grade

markIVbigblock wrote:
Its funny this thread has come up I just searched gunbroker for a gr. III BPS I have been searching for one for sometime they seem to be rather elusive. I remember seeing one in NIB condition a year or 2 ago for $350 I should have jumped on it but like an idiot I did not. Is $700 the going rate for these nowadays? also I thought the 16 ga gr III was a shot show special can anyone confirm that? Was the gr. III offered in all gauges at some point I would like a 20 or 28 or was it only available in 12 or 16?

Aaron

Here`s a few for well over $1000.
scroll down to the bottom of the page.
http://www.bedlans.com/Browning%20Pump.htm
I saw one on gunsamerica for $800

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I saw a fancy 16ga BPS in a gunstore last week. I think it was a Ducks Unlimited version rather than a Grade III, but it had the engraved nickle receiver and looked fantastic. They were asking $600, if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Grade III BPS were Shot Show guns, and have only been done in 12g and 16g. Not sure of exact numbers, but very limited runs of each, will the 16 being more rare than the 12. I had both at one point, and the 16 was especially nice. Notice I used the word 'had'. They have reluctantly both moved on to new homes.