CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Maxus Sporting Golden Clays - just loving this gun.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 am 
Diamond Grade

Not long ago I picked up a Browning Maxus Sporting Golden Clays to use as a back-up gun to my 725 Sporting and perhaps for some pheasant hunting someday.

I've had a chance to get the gun to the sporting clays range four or five times over the last week or so and I'm really impressed with this gun.

Not only is it beautiful, but the build quality is wonderful, it's very soft shooting, handles really nicely, has been stone reliable with loads down to 1 oz. (about 500-600 rounds through it so far). The semi-auto receiver with the 30" barrel feels like a 32" barrel. It's almost like a long wand that just reaches out and dusts those clays.

Here are a few pics of the gun

My wife makes the gun look better than I do...

Today, my wife was able to capture an image of me nailing a true pair with the gun. Dust from the rabbit still on the ground, shattered bird pieces in the air, and a flying shell. The 30" Maxus Sporting really is like a long, magic wand reaching out to dust the clays! :lol:

I am really loving this gun... it's very responsive, gives very little sense of recoil, and a pure joy to shoot.

Anyone looking for a semi-auto for clay sports would do well to consider the Maxus Sporting Golden Clays - IF you can find one; they are really hard to find.

Post subject: Re: Browning Maxus Sporting Golden Clays - just loving this
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That is a nice looking gun, and it shoots as good as it looks. I once had a Gold Golden Clays gun. They are really nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dang, why are you tempting me again with that...LOL I called GU and hopefully they'll get on in relatively soon, but hopefully, I'll have tthe $$ still too :-) Anyways, CONGRATS on a beautiful clay-killer!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 am 
Diamond Grade

Hey p 'n' r.... what are forum friends for but to help each other lust after and acquire new shotguns?

Thanks for the congrats! Now... keep on the hunt and you WILL find one of these beauties for yourself. Be sure to let us know when you do. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Bought the maple stock version for my wife for Christmas. I was hoping it would cycle 1oz. 1200 fps shells. I ran 250 1oz. #8 1200 fps through it without a hickup. The guy I was shooting with gave me a box of his 3/4 oz. 1150 fps reloads to see how the gun would cycle them. The Maxus performed flawlessly. I am now saving up to buy a 30" walnut version as a backup for my Citori XS Special.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

This is becoming a must have for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:43 pm 
Utility Grade

I just picked up a new Maxus Sporting Golden Clays 30" with Maple Stock on Saturday evening. I can't wait to shoot it. I normally shoot a 1974 BT-99 and decided I wanted to shoot doubles and sporting clays. I'd love to get an XT or 725 as my next Browning. I'm sold on the Browning brand quality.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:45 pm 
Utility Grade

Quint9951 - I just noticed you are from Louisville also. I belong to Jefferson County Sportsmans and normally shoot there. But I'm going to start at Jefferson Gun Club also. I'll probably just end up being a member at both.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Does the Maxus shoot as softly as the Gold with the same loads?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:12 am 
Crown Grade

Nice gun. I have the older one ( Gold Golden Clays ) and my buddy just got the Maxus Golden Clays. We shot them side by side. They had the same recoil and had the same balance. But the Maxus felt lighter , bigger trigger guard and the forearm came off like a O/U than auto. Both guns at nice but the Maxus is a improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 pm 
Field Grade

Beautiful gun. I really wanted the walnut sporting or the golden sporting version but I found a carbon fiber sporting within my price range. Those pics are making me want to save up for an upgrade in a year or two =P