CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whitewing replacement stock with cast-on
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Inquiring for a friend who shoots left-handed (cross dominant vision) and recently acquired a Whitewing which comes standard with cast-off for righties. Anyone know if replacement stocks are available with cast-on for lefties? Regards, quadcab

Post subject: Re: Whitewing replacement stock with cast-on
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know if they are available or not, but I'm pretty sure that if they are available one will cost more than having the original stock bent. A lot more.

Why don't you contact Mike Orlen aobut it. He is one of the moderators of the Gunsmithing forum, and at the top of that forum there is a sticky that says all Shotgunworld members get his dealer price.

Here is his price list

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:19 am 
Tournament Grade

Seamus; thanks for the reply. I live about 12 miles/15 minutes from Mike Orlen and have done some business with him in the past. He is a great guy to deal with and has threaded a couple of barrells for chokes for me while I waited (not long). My friend actually almost drives right by Mikes on his commute to and from work, so this is certainly an option. I don't know the limits of stock bending, but assume that the (righty) cast-off could at least be bent to neutral (no cast). My friend and I recently bought up the last Whitewings available at our local DICKS and the cast-off is great for me but isn't going to work so well for him. Thanks again,quadcab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:03 pm 
Field Grade

Sent you a PM...

I had a 686 White Onyx Sporting that I looked into having the stock bent for me being a lefty. The person I went to was apprehensive about attempting this because of the high degree of RH cast.

I ended up buying a LH stock direct from Beretta and having him install it on my 686 instead. It improved my shooting right away!

Good Luck!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:25 am 
Tournament Grade

MIBIGHNTR; thanks for the reply. I'll mention that to my friend. Called Beretta and was told: $160 for a new stock and $120 to select one that matches the forarm and to fit if needed. Based on that, my friend will probably stop by to see what Mike Orlen has to say. I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works). Kind Regards, Quadcab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

quadcab wrote:
I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works).

Just go to the top of any page on this site, and you will see a list of icons, and one of them will say "You have no new messages" or "You have one..." or whatever. Just click on that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:19 pm 
Field Grade

quadcab wrote:
MIBIGHNTR; thanks for the reply. I'll mention that to my friend. Called Beretta and was told: $160 for a new stock and $120 to select one that matches the forarm and to fit if needed. Based on that, my friend will probably stop by to see what Mike Orlen has to say. I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works). Kind Regards, Quadcab

I purchased a set from Beretta so they would match each other. Plus my stock was oil finished and all they had was the gloss, so I wanted the whole gun in gloss so they would match.

Mine was $160 for the stock and $90 for the forearm, + shipping of course. If it will fit your buddies gun, and he is interested, I will cut him a deal on both.

I would go the bending route first as well, if that works for his gun.

Good Luck!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Mark; got your PM and tried to reply. Let me know if I did it right. Quadcab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:17 pm 
Field Grade

Yup, you're good....

Mark