CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Owners manual - disassembly XL300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 pm 
Utility Grade

I picked up a nice XL300 - been looking for one at a good deal for about a year. I hunted with one in the 80s and traded it off.

I can't remember how to take it down and thought that if someone had a owners manual, I'd buy it or beg a scanned copy.

I also picked up a 900 barrel and through research here, have learned that it is a recoil operated barrel, where the XL300 is gas?

first post, I appreciate any and all help.

craig

Post subject: re: Owners manual - disassembly XL300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If it's a gas gun, it's the SKB gas auto that's not only been sold by Ithaca, but also as the Weatherby SAS and branded as an SKB. Any of those manuals will work.

I own three gas SKB's but no manual. They are really pretty easy to get apart. The worst part is getting the bolt handle out of the bolt. Play with it awhile, and it will just pop out. Then you can take the bolt out the front along with all the gas piston and operating slides, and the barrel just pops off. The trigger group has two pins to knock out, and it will just pop off, too. There is no "O" ring. It's a nice, easy to clean and work on gun.

Post subject: re: Owners manual - disassembly XL300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 pm 
Utility Grade

I appreciate it. its always an adventure buying a used shotgun. This one was in good condition inside, the half inch of WD40 crud with the requisite leadlined plastic and brassshavings notwithstanding.

So the handle wiggles out like an 1100? that's the only thing I couldn't get disassembled.

You don't need a 900 VR barrel do you?

thanks!

Post subject: Re: Owners manual - disassembly XL300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:16 pm 
Field Grade

i too have been trying to dissassemble my xl300 gas model. i found the little hole just on the bottom plate of the bolt is actually a retention locking device, put a small screwdriver or pick in it, press back on the locking device and the handle will fall out in your hand easily without forcing anything, the bolt will slide out the front very nicely after this is done.

now to clean the years of goo built up in my shotgun i couldnt figure out.
Thanks everyone.