CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C - E
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Colt

Q Anyone have info (or know where I can get info) on this?

Description:
COLT'S PT. F. A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD CT. U. S. A.
Patented ~ August 22, 1882 - Sept 19, 1882
Serial #1467
Heavily engraved
Checkered stock
Hammerless
Double trigger
Good to very good condition
A Model 1883-
"8, 10 or 12 ga., 28-32 in. damascus barrels, many deluxe custom orders occur in this model. Mfg. from 1883-1895. Approx. serial range is No. 1-3,050 and 4,055-8,365. Seldom encountered in mint condition."
100% = $4,250
90% = $1,650

Q I inherited a Colt Double Barrell Shotgun with rabbitt ear hammers. It is a 12 gauge and I believe it has Damascus steel. Any idea of it's value
A Colt made a Model 1878 Double Barrel shotgun with exposed hammers from 1878 - 1889 producing about 22,690 in 10 and 12 gauge. Barrel lengths were 28, 30 and 32 inch with other lengths by special order. All the barrels were made in Belgium and assembled and finished by Colt.
No idea on value...

Colt Auto Shotgun
Q What's the value on a Colt 20ga Auto (Ultra Light I believe) made in Italy ser# C0717##? A guy I know has one and want to know the value. Guns in 98%, well taken care of.
A STANDARD AUTO SHOTGUN
- 12 or 20 ga. (also available in Mags.), mfg. by Franchi of Italy, aluminum frame, 26, 28, 30, or 32 in. plain or VR barrel almost 5,300 mfg. (both models) 1962-66.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$375 $350 $325 $295 $260 $230 $200
Add $50 for VR barrel.

Charles Daly Field III
Q In 1973 I purchase a Charles Daly Field III for my husband who was an avid
hunter up
until he found the game of golf. He would like to sell the gun. In 1973 it
was purchase for$400.00. The gun is also in excellent condition. I know
they stop manufacturing this gun in 1989. What would be the current value of
this gun today. Also manufactured in M. Japan.

Q From the Blue Book of Gun Values:
"FIELD III
- 12 or 20 ga., various chokes, boxlock action, single trigger. Disc. 1989.
100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50%
$395 $370 $340 $315 $285 $260 $230

Connecticut Valley Arms Inc.
Q I have recently been given a single barrel 12 ga shotgun that folds in half. The company name is Connecticut Valley Arms Inc. (Norcross Georgia). The serial number is 0168119 and it says that it was made in Italy by Pedretti. I am curious as to the age of the gun and its possible value
A From Connecticut Valley:
"sorry but we do not have anything on this gun they were sold about 15 years
ago . we have no parts or information"

Coast to Coast

Q I HAVE A COAST TO COAST MASTER-MAG PUMP SHOTGUN THAT IS A MODEL CC880.
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD TELL ME WHO THE ORIGINAL MAKER OF THIS GUN
IS? I'VE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS. IT HAS A GOOD TIGHT CHOKE ON IT THAT
I USE FOR WATER FOUL AND TURKEYS. ALSO IS THERE AN AFTER MARKET SLUG
BARREL THAT CAN BE FITTED TO THIS SHOTGUN?

A It is an equivilant to the Mossberg 500. the barrels are interchangable as are the accu-chokes.

Cooey
Q I have a: COOEY MODEL 7
MADE IN COBOURG ONT.
WINCHESTER-WESTERN(CANADA)LIMITED
IT IS A 270 CAL. BOLT ACTION
PLEASE THE AGE AND VALUE
A Previous manufacturer located in Cobourg, Ontario - Canada 1903-1961. During 1961, Cooey was sold to the Olin Corporation and placed under the supervision of the Winchester Western Division. At that point, the manufacture of Winchesters (primarily for Winchester Canada) began and continued through the mid-´70s.

Models manufactured by Cooey pre-1961 include various repeating .22 rifles, single shot shotguns (Models 84 and 840), and maybe a few others. There is limited information available on the variety of shotguns and rifles manufactured by this company (most distribution occurred in Canada). To date, there is limited collector demand for most models in this trademark and values should be based on the shooting utility rather than collector premiums due to rarity. Most values will range between $75- $150.

C-Z
Q Where can I find information about a C-Z (Ceska Zbrojovka ?) 16 gauge side-by-side? I think I have a 1954 and also do not know the bore chokes.
A http://www.czub.cz/homea.htm

D

Daiwa

Q I'm wanting some information on a Daiwa 12 guage. It's patterned after a Browning A-5. On one side of the receiver, it has a pheasant engraving, and on the other it has a duck engraving. These sides are a silver color. The manufacturer is Singer Nikko Co. Ltd. Japan.

A From the Blue Book of Gun Values <:"> ">www.digitalriver.com/dr/v...&pid=531
"Diawa imported various firearms circa 1960s-early 1970s. Configurations included semi-auto shotguns mfg. by Singer Nikko, Ltd. of Japan, and bolt action rifles. Values are based on the current utilitarian value, since there is little collectibility on these guns."
Nikko manufactured guns for Savage, Charles Daly, Winchester, Sears, Diawa and a gazillion other smaller names. Unfortunately, they went out of business in 1989.
The good news is that I found a place that has a spare barrel. The bad news is that it is in the U.K. at
www.stringtownsupplies.co.uk/deacts.htm

You may have to figure out which Nikko model you have. Here are some that Nikko made shotguns for including models .....
From Blue Book of Gun Values:
"International Star Commerce Corp. (ISCC) of Salt Lake City, Utah approx. 1982 - distributor of Nikko brand shotguns; Moore Supply Co. of Salt Lake City, UT beginning mid-1981 - distributor of Nikko brand shotguns; 9) USA Nikko, Inc. of Los Angeles, CA (factory reps and distributors of Nikko shotguns), initial date unknown, through December 1981; 10) Weatherby, Inc. of Los Angeles, CA May 1972 to 1981. Centurion semi-auto and Patrician pump shotguns, some Mark 22 rifles. Olympian O/U shotgun and possibly other O/Us from 1978-81. Model 82 semi-auto and Model 92 pump shotguns; 11) Savage Industries of Hamden, CT 1981-1982 - Savage/Fox FA-1 and FP-1 shotguns; 12) Charles Daly. "Automatic" distributed by Sloan´s (Japanese made only) mid-1980s; 13) Sears, Roebuck Co. Ted Williams Model 400 and possibly others; 14) Churchill semi-auto, imported by Kassnar mid- 1980s; 15) High Standard of Hamden, CT 1974-75 - Supermatic Shadow Indy (Model 707, an O/U), Supermatic Shadow Seven (also O/U), and Supermatic Shadow semi-auto.
NOTE: ALL of the semi-auto shotguns used essentially the same design. Each distributor may have made a few cosmetic or dimensional embellishments to differentiate their gun. Differences exist in barrel/breech fit, magazine caps, pistol grip caps, checkering pattern, piston size, ejector location, fluted bolt. Use caution if interchanging parts. Generally, the same statement can be made about the pump versions also. "

DAVENPORT

Q I AM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON A DAVENPORT DOUBLE
BARREL PATENTED IN 1894. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS
GUN I WOULD APPRECIATE HEARING FROM YOU

A Davenport Firearms Company, located in Norwich, CT, from 1891-1910. Davenport was an interesting character that designed many guns, mostly variations on a basic falling block, and built few. He also designed a successful break action single or double barrel shotgun. His designs were taken up and championed by Hopkins and Allen, who made numerous quantities under their name, Merwin & Hulbert, Atlas, and others.
Here is the local historical societies site , the might be able to help you Guns of Norwich Historical Society www.civilwarweapons.com/sys-tmpl/door/ <www.civilwarweapons.com/sys-tmpl/door/>

Diamond Arms

Q THE SIDE OF THE GUN HAS DIAMOND ARMS &ST.LOUIS USA ON IT I CANT FIND ANYTHING ON THIS GUN
A You're gun was actually manufactured by Iver Johnson. The company that bought the Iver Johnson company in 1987 (AMAC) went out of business in 1993. Iver Johnson previously had manufactured guns since 1893.
They sold thousands of the 'Champion' model under their own name and for others. It was a single barrel made in every imaginable gauge including a rifle version that shelled .45 and .44 rounds. It had exposed hammers and auto ejectors with plain pistol grip stock. Does this sound like yours?

F. Dumoulin & Co
Q .......I have an old F. Dumoulin & Co. .410 Ga. Double Barrel Shotgun with a 28" barrel and external hammers mounted through the top not on the sides. It has a checkered stock and forearm and a steel. not damascus barrel. Other markings are "Hermosa" and Leige Belgium. Condition is about 75- 80%. Any Idea of history of company or approx. value?
A .......F. Dumoulin & Co. were gun makers in Belgium c. 1894 to 1930
Nothing more at this time sorry.

Q We have a shotgun that has rabbit ears and the lettering we found on it is...........
FDUMOULIN and then we think a 8 but hard to read and then Co. On the top it tells us it is a........ "Fine Damascus Belgium. " Is there any way you could help us figure out how old this gun is and what is possibly the value.
A F. Dumoulin & Co. were gun makers in Belgium c. 1894 to 1930
With the barrels being fine damascus , I would say it had to be manufactured either prior to or just very shortly after the turn of the century (probably before 1905).
The current Dumoulins are custom gun makers as were the generation prior, my guess is this is the same family. If really curious, I would locate a professional appraiser

Dryese
Q I have a dreyse pin fire S/S shotgun . I was told that it was sold under the Robust name by Sears and Roebuck in 1898. I cannot find out any information about it. The gun is in excellant condition (NRA standards). The barrels were proofed in 1975. Any ideas as to history and value?
A This seems to be the manufacturer Rheinische Metallwaren and Machinenfabrik, located in Sommerda, Germany.
Also, the manufacturer has gone under the name of Rhinemetall
ALL these old German guns are frustrating after two World Wars records are as scarce as Hen's teeth, but finding info can be as fun as it is frustrating.

Here's a Dreyse / Berger shotgun I realize it's a lot earlier than what you have but I have found references to Sommerda on guns of the same age... it gives a starting point www.antiquefirearms.com/409.htm if the link blows just go to the main page there and you'll find a couple of old Dreyse rifles and the shotgun, there may be more I didn't scroll down.
Check out the history on the bottom...
www.collectorsfirearms.com/as43.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E

Eastern Arms Co

Q i'm trying to get any info on a 12guage, single shot ,shotgun made by Eastern Arms Co. s.n. 42695 it also has (G.A.P.I.) stamped on it under the barrel at the of it were it breaks down at the trigger housing and butt.
[/b] A [/b]Eastern Arms was a store brand of shotgun. Most of theirs was actually manufactured by Savage or Stevens.
Without some type of Model number I can't determine who actually manufactured yours. I'm sure that G.A.P.I. is a clue, but I can't find an importer or other manufacturer that matches those initials.

Excel

Q would like any information on an old hand me down. manufacture is EXCEL, it's
a single shot 12 gauge with an exposed hammer. serial number is E7560XG,
could be approx. 75 years old.
A Excel: Trade name used by both the H. & D. Folsom Arms Company and the Iver Johnson
Arms and Cycle Works on shotguns made for the Montgomery Ward and Company of Chicago

El Faisan

Q I have searched every reference material available to me and I still can not
find any info on the shotgun manufacturer- El Faisan. Do you know of them?

A "The American Rifleman seems to have run an article about it in its Oct. '95 issue.
El Faisan Shotguns Oct-95 31 "
You might could contact American Rifleman about back issues.
"Your gun "El Faisan" was made by Pedro Arosa Aguirre. Gunsmither from Elgoibar (northern Spain). Not in the business any longer." Was gleaned from another site .

Excel

Q would like any information on an old hand me down. manufacture is EXCEL, it's
a single shot 12 gauge with an exposed hammer. serial number is E7560XG,
could be approx. 75 years old.
A Excel: Trade name used by both the H. & D. Folsom Arms Company and the Iver Johnson
Arms and Cycle Works on shotguns made for the Montgomery Ward and Company of

elgin arms co
Q i recently aquired a side by side shotgun that was my grandfathers. it is 12 guage double barrel that sayd proof tested 12 guage on the left barrel, and on the metal on the left side, under the barrel it reads elgin arms co. the barrels are 30 inches long and there are two triggers. could you possibly tell me how old my gun is, what its value is, and also if it would be able to shoot a 3 inch shell.
A Here's what I was able to find on Elgin....
Elgin Arms Company: Trade name used by the H. & D. Folsom Arms Company (Crescent) on shotguns made for the Strauss and Schram Company of Chicago.
regards,
empire arms co
[/b] Q [/b] I have a double barrell shotgun with the words empire arms co. on it along with the words gibraltar steele on the barrell. The stock is a dark cherry and the bodice is a shiny chrome including trigger.
A "Empire" was a trade name on shotguns made for Sears & Roebuck & Co. by the Crescent Fire Arms Co. The Crescent Co. was established in Norwich Ct. in 1892 and manufactured shotguns and handguns "
You can find more info on Crescent in our FAQ topic.
These were considered utility shotguns and most are valued from $75 - $200.

EMF

Q I have a EMF stagecoach shotgun 20 " barrel made in spain ( I am told it is the same as an Uberti). I would like some info on it, is it a quality make, will it hold up to an occasional shooting of double ought buckshot express in 2 3/4 " chambers, I have never saw in articles on it.

A According to the Blu Book...
"12ga. only , features exposed hammers and 20in brown barrels, mgf by S.I.A.C.E. Importation began in 2000.
100% 98% 95%
$1,175 $900 $700

SIACE is a shotgun manufacturer located in Brescia, Italy. New England Arms also imports their shotguns.

New England Arms web site www.newenglandarms.com/siaceinfo.htm says "..The firm of S.I.A.C.E. is located in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy, where they build side by side hammerguns with old world style and quality workmanship. Under the acronym S.I.A.C.E., these guns have been made in Italy for over half a century. Among serious shooters (A former U.S. president owns three) they have earned a highly regarded, although quiet, reputation. Master craftsmen hand fit and finish these guns with the finest European walnut. Engraving and checkering are done by hand. All S.I.A.C.E. guns receive the highest safety certification from the Italian National Proof Testing House."

Post subject: Reorder
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reorder