CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington/Baikal SPR 310 S Sporting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 pm 
Field Grade

Finally found and purchased a Remington/Baikal SPR 310 S Sporting.
New, Sealed in the box $550 shipped, off GB from a guy in WV. Now Comes the Hard Part, Waiting Until it Arrives.......

Post subject: Re: Remington/Baikal SPR 310 S Sporting
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

I sure like my "S." Let us know when it arrives..... :)

TDC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I love mine as well. Heck of a sporting O/U for the money. Looking forward to a range report after you get some trigger time s47nxt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 pm 
Field Grade

Got her, picked it up on 4/3. After unwrapping and assemble I noticed it was pretty grungy. So after about 15/20 open and closings that took both hands, my knee and hip. I figured a cleaning might help. 4/4 warmed up the garage as it was a balmy 36 w/ 40mph wind, rain, snow & sleet in Up State NY and went to work. Man that thing was filthy, filings, grease and rusty grease. Did the ejector spring mod and removed the auto safety. 4/5 headed to the trap club with my "Self Improved" SPR 310 S. I shot at 50. I hit maybe 1 in 5. A most humbling experience. I couldn't figure out where it was shooting. 2" of snow on 4/6&7 so I patterned it today 4/8. As I expected, it shoots very low. Bottom barrel, modified choke tube, the entire pattern is totally under with only 2/3 magic bb/s getting on the red. Bottom barrel, improved modified choke tube, totally under, 4/5 #8's on the red. Improved modified in top barrel, that you really can't use as it auto sets for bottom first. Left and Low, 8 ish on the red.
So as of now, I am NOT a Happy Camper.
I got the 310S because previously I purchased an SPR 100 Trap. Although I'm not too fond of the opening lever on the bottom, it's one Great Shotgun & Totally Smokes Targets.
All trap and sporting shotguns "should" shoot high. How to get this one there is another story.......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 pm 
Field Grade

hey s47nxt tell us how it's going? i had two of these one 12ga and one 20 ga and love them. wished i still had them but sold them to pay for something else. are you patterning it on a rest or shouldering it? the gun might need adjusting to you. i believe these are great guns have had 3 baikals and all them are still going i still shoot with the people who bought them. my uncle put adjustable butt pad on his made alot of difference for him. he traded me for my first on a 12ga as he had a 20 ga we bought them together 10 years ago and they're still going strong. sorry for getting off topic just wanted too see how things were going.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 pm 
Field Grade

Nothing yet, still pouting. If I keep it I may put a Morgan on. At least I'll have something to adjust. For now I Mole Foamed it and picked up about 1/4" to 3/8" of ramp between the beads. I may try it again this Sunday as Easter shut me down last week. I emailed EAA in hopes of getting a higher stock, thus far no answer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 pm 
Field Grade

that's the spirit don't give up yet that's what my uncle put on his. he doesn't shoot trap it just made the gun feel better. he's shot alot of skeet with his 20 ga. i don't kn ow how many rounds but it's alot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 pm 
Diamond Grade

s47nxt wrote:
Nothing yet, still pouting. If I keep it I may put a Morgan on. At least I'll have something to adjust. For now I Mole Foamed it and picked up about 1/4" to 3/8" of ramp between the beads. I may try it again this Sunday as Easter shut me down last week. I emailed EAA in hopes of getting a higher stock, thus far no answer.

Don't wait for the "E-Mail". Just pick up the phone and call them, They either answered my question right then or their gunsmith called me back a short time later. Their response time was great! Now as for the product I got and the answers they were able to give me I'm stuck at "not so great" :( But as for getteing you an answer they are as fast as any I have seen. But I still probably won't by another one unless I get the deal of a lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 pm 
Limited Edition

Have those tubes bent up a bit.