CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breakdown Case For Citori
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:38 pm 
Field Grade

I am looking for the a hard side breakdown case for my Browning XS Skeet with 30" barrels. I'm looking for the best case for the money... the only caveat is that I want to spend around $150 or less. There is an SKB case that fits the bill, but I have heard the wide forearm on my gun won't fit in the molded opening provided in the case. I should add that I may use the case for airline shipping at some point also.

Can anyone give me some input on cases they are really happy with that would fit my criteria? Thanks in advance for any input.

Post subject: re: Breakdown Case For Citori
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Browning hard cases are in that price range or just slightly higher...

If you don't need airline approved, that's probably the route that I would go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

The XS forearm fits in the SKB case but I would never recommend this case for airline travel. A year ago I was on a trip with a friend whose SKB case came down the luggage carousel with one lock sprung and the frame warped. Sure they give you a lifetime warranty but what good is that if your gun is damaged. For the best value in an airline case, the aluminum Warwick case is easily the best value and should be close to your budget. It's built to hold up to 34 inch barrels but you can use a spacer to fill the gap. Its built as strong as an Americase at less than half the cost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/customer/product.php?productid=2323&cat=591&page=2

BR-142880
PRICE: $148.95
DETAILS

Model 3015. Fits Special Trap and Skeet, Citori Ultra Trap, Citori Plus Trap, Citori XT Trap, 525, Citori XS Skeet. Triple gun protection. shell is made with rugged wood on all sides, glued and stapled for maximum strength. Interior positioning blocks are fabric covered and placed to hold the gun firmly. Foam padding is placed at key positions to cushion impacts. Padding holds your gun tightly, protecting the finish. Interior is finished in a dark brown, deep pile fleece. Exterior is scuff-resistant, leather-textured brown vinyl.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

Dehaan has a few aluminum hard cases on their web page for single and double shotguns. They are prices around $100 I believe. Here is the link
http://www.dhshotguns.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:44 am 
Presentation Grade

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=64240783

Quantity 15

Time left 7 Hours, 11 Minute

Browning #142880 Traditional Fitted Luggage Case Citori Trap, Skeet, Cynergy

Fits: Special Trap & Skeet, Citori Ultra Trap, and Citori Plus Trap Citori XT Trap, 525, Citori XS Skeet, Cynergy

Started at $134.00 + $12.00 Shipping