Shotgun Forum banner

2018 US Open location

7K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  polywad6963 
#1 ·
Any word or rumors where it will be held in 2018?
I plan on shooting it since it will be west of the MS River, but anyone know who submitted a bid to request it?

#4 ·
That's what I was curious about. I was seeing if anyone knew who submitted for it. Being from AZ, I expect to travel to it, but in 2015 went to it while living in MO and had a lot of fun.

#6 ·
With Coyote Springs holding the Western Regional next year, would/could they go back to them again for another major shoot, or does the NSCA like to spread the wealth some? I know they have the facilities to do it, but only asking as I obviously don't know how they make the selection.

#7 ·
The presentations will be made by each club at the Nationals, Advisory Council/National Delegate Meeting in October. The Advisory Council (45 Members) will vote on the clubs and the outcome will be revealed at that time.

Last year, the first vote resulted in a tie between Big Red Oak Plantation and M and M. The second vote resulted in a win for Big Red Oak.

The NSCA will then set the date.

Registration is open on Scoringpro.com.

I hope to see everyone at Big Red Oak Plantation, Gay, GA from June 5, 2017 thru June 11, 2017.

#12 ·
polywad6963 said:
With Coyote Springs holding the Western Regional next year, would/could they go back to them again for another major shoot, or does the NSCA like to spread the wealth some? I know they have the facilities to do it, but only asking as I obviously don't know how they make the selection.
In 2014, the US Open was at Claythorne and the North Central Regional was at Northbrook.

In 2015, the US Open was at Northbrook and the NC Regional was at Claythorne.

In 2016, the NC Regional is back at Northbrook.

Ultimately it all depends on what bids are received, but obviously the NSCA isn't afraid to award big shoots to clubs in consecutive years.

#21 ·
Sorry for bumping this..but if Coyote Springs does get the Open, will they move it to the spring or winter for the winter birds to enjoy? I would think a summer turn out wouldn't be so nice..

#23 ·
harvard said:
The presentations will be made by each club at the Nationals, Advisory Council/National Delegate Meeting in October. The Advisory Council (45 Members) will vote on the clubs and the outcome will be revealed at that time.

I don't see why the delegates don't make the choice.

They all see the presentations. Support material could be sent out via email before the meeting, so there wouldn't be a great expense to the shooting grounds for material.

I attended two delegate meetings and frankly thought it was a bit of a farce. The delegates didn't really do anything.

Making a decision such as this would make the trip worth while, aside from shooting the Nationals.

#25 ·
Dry heat, wet heat - when the temps get above 90, it really doesn't matter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.