Shotgun Forum banner

Winchester 120 Ranger

29K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  MK23 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my second post here. I picked up a Winchester Ranger in 12 ***** today in what seems to be very good-excellent condition. It has a 24'' deer slug barrel with rifle sights. This is my first shotgun.

What would you guys pay for it? Just wondering how bad of a deal I gave myself.

A quick question too, I found that when I rack the slide all the way forward (as if to chamber a shell) I can't pull the slide back unless I pull the trigger, is this normal?

Any info and insight and opinions are greatly appreciated. I posted something similar in shotgun opinions and it seems no one is interested, so I figured what's better than to put it in a winchester forum lol. Thanks for your time fellas.

#2 ·
yes thats normal, must fire before you can rack the slide again.

price: thats totally up to you, really doesen't matter your price.. you've already bought it :)

heck ???? :( i've been known to buy really high, and sell really low later on.... :)

on the brite side ? it keeps the economy going.... [leasts thats what i tell myselfe]

#4 ·
They are a very good gun, the one i had many years ago my father bought me when i was 15, was awsome, worth, im not sure id love to find 1 to replace the loss of it from being married to first wife......... id give 200 for one in a quick minute. Sure wish i could stumble across 1 somewhere. The stock barrel would shoot a slug as straight as a slug barrel, a friend of my fathers used it once, tried it, and could hit the bottom of a styrofoam cup at 30 yards. Dont know if thats to smart, but he did.

#8 ·
Two months ago, I paid $165 for a Winchester 120 Ranger 12ga. with mod. Winchoke, 26" VR. Bluing and stock both at approx. 90%. Very smooth action with a bright, shiny bore. Also bought two flush chokes (full and imp. cyl.) at Bass Pro (about $30). Sits next to my first shotgun, a Winchester Model 370 20ga. single shot. :)

#16 ·
The frame size for the 120 and 1300 is the same but you can not change gauge by simply changing barrels, the bolt in the 20 is smaller as to fit the smaller diameter of the 20 ga. round. The 12 ga bolt will no lock into the smaller 20 ga barrel and a 20 ga bolt will swim in the 12 ga. barrel. Don't even think about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.