Shotgun Forum banner

Springfield Arms .410

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve Y 
#1 ·
I have a Springfield Arms .410 single shot.

I believe the model number is 1929.

I cannot find a schematic or manual anywhere.

I would like a manual on dis-assembly and assembly.

I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help.

Dave

#6 ·
If it helps mine was made in the Year of the Lord 1935.
the bad thing about these guns is that unless you positiveloy want to ruin the gun you cannot remove the hammer. to remove the barrel pull of the foreend- if the screw is removed put it back in!
then press the lever- open the action and pull the barrel towards you the only part thatn should require mussel is removing the forend.

#8 ·
I'm saying dont completely disasemble the gun im still trying to put mine back together.......
do not pull the barrel foward it wont do a thing but with the forearm wood removed and with the Iron under it gone open the action and pull the barrel toward YOU this is for standard field striping

do not try to disasemble the reciever!

#10 ·
I wonder, have you removed just the forend wood or the entire assy, wood and metal? :?
The forend assy is not clearly shown, below, due to the fold in the book but does this look like it could be your gun? If so, once you have removed the forend (metal & wood) you should simply operate the "top snap" (#56), the gun should breech open and the barrel should fall away in your hand... as described by others above. :eek:
See part #17, the firing pin. This is a copy of Jack First catalog so you could contact them to see if they have the part.

#11 ·
I do not believe this is the gun.

When you remove the forearm screw and fore stock there is no metal attached to the fore stock. Only a solid piece of wood.

Here is a link to a 20 gauge that is the same model.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =270184048

The trigger guard in the schematic pictured is different.

I looked at the Numrich site and a 94 is a different gun.

#13 ·
What they are saying is, screw the wood fore arm back on, then just pull it off.
The metal will come with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.