Shotgun Forum banner

Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting 12ga.

45K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  DallasCMT 
#1 ·
Think I finally made a decision.The 686 Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting 30in.Mostly for trap & wobble;Any reviews or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

#10 ·
I also have a SP 1 sporting 12 ga, 30inch
use it for sporting clays and trap.

Was wondering what modifications you guys have made? For example, recoil pad, adj comb, recoil reducers, chokes.

Also how is it working out for trap?
My gun shoots relatively flat, fine for sporting clays, not as much for trap.

thoughts?

#17 ·
ruffed G said:
That is a field model... Hoping they make the sporting model in 20ga...

G
And what is the difference between the field model and the sporting?
I see no difference between the sporting 12 (which I have) and the field version other than the bead and rib width. Stocks dimensions seem to be identical.
I added an adjustable comb and a midbead to my 20, and had weight put in the stock.
Shoots like a dream.

#18 ·
Beretta Sporting guns typically have a slightly fatter stock than the field versions, although I think that drop dimensions are the same. The buttpad is a bit bigger on the Sporting models -- but only the 12 Gauges. The subgauge Sporting guns have field-size buttpads.

#20 ·
ruffed G said:
The 12 ga sporting model has a wider rib, mid bead, non automatic trigger, avilable in longer barrel length, and is heavier... If there is no difference why would they make both...
So they can sell more.

#22 ·
Designed to perform, the Silver Pigeon I is also as beautiful to the eye as it is to the touch. The oil-finished stock is select walnut with a traditional Schnabel fore-end. This over-under also enjoys the Beretta's legendary point-ability, thanks to the 680 series low-profile receiver. Furthermore, the absolute strength of the unique locking system provides for years of trouble-free use.

SPECIFICATIONS:
ACTION: Low Profile, Improved Box Lock
GAUGE: 12
CHAMBER: 3"
WOOD FINISH: Oil
STOCK/FORE-END: Select Walnut - Checkered
STOCK DROP - COMB: 1.5"
STOCK DROP - HEEL: 2.36"
BUTT PLATE: Rubber
SAFETY: Manual
TRIGGER: Single Selective
FORE-END: Schnabel
RIB TYPE: Flat 3/8" x 5/16"
SIGHT: White Front Bead, Steel Mid Bead

#24 ·
Our Sporting SP1 with 30" barrels bought March of this year does not have mid bead. A teammate of my son who also bought a SP1 Sporting about the same time doesn't have the mid bead either.

ROBinGA

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#25 ·
I bought mine 7/2013 at Cabelas, 30" sporting w/mid bead. Looked at the Browning, super nice fit & finish, but the Silver Pigeon just mounted better for me. Anyhow, shot seven 100 round sporting clay this fall, gun swings smooth, and minimal or no felt recoil. The selective, non-automatic safety reset (aka manual safety) was easy to use. I purchased a set of Carlson extended choke tubes (easier to id tubes and makes change out a tad easier. Only thing i wish it had was extractors & not ejectors. It launches the empties 3-4 ft. Really like this shotgun on the balance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.