Shotgun Forum banner

Angelo Zoli Presentation O/U 12 Gauge Shotgun Questions

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  benjaminoliver1994 
#1 ·
Alright, I have been searching for a couple of hours now and can not seem to find any reliable information on the "Angelo" Zoli shotguns. I know there are the other Atonio Zoli shotguns that are high quality and what not, but I have no interest in those shotguns. I am currently looking to buy my first shotgun from an estate sale auction in 5 days. I got to look at all of the guns and this one really caught my attention as my family does not own any O/U and I think they are fun to shoot.
Gun Specs:
Angelo Zoli Presentation 12GA Shotgun
Engraved receiver plate
Rubber butt plate
3in. mag shell
26" Barrel
Bluing - 98%
Bore - top barrel: scuffed at receiver end, bottom barrel: clean & bright
Stock - 97%
Vent rib
Selective trigger

Pictures:

My Question:
About how much is the gun worth? Low-High
What would you pay for the gun?
Does the gun look to be in good shape in the pictures?
What is bluing and why is there a percentage measurement of it? Stock?

Notes:
Gun seemed to be smooth when breaking the barrel. Seemed stable when holding the gun, no wobbling parts. The stats provided where from the description of the gun at the auction. The markings to the left of PRESENTATION in the second picture say U.S.A. BUFFALO NY

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
Sorry if post has too much info, just wanted to be specific since it seemed many threads here lacked information for people responding to completely answer questions.

See less See more
#3 ·
"USA Buffalo, NY" may possibly be the importer (United States Arms ?).

The gun is essentially the same as the Weatherby Regency O/U which was made by Angelo Zoli. The Angelo Zoli Presentation Model has been listed with "book" values ranging from $200.-(poor), $350.-(fair), $$450.-(good) up to $ 600.-(V.G.), $700.-(Exc.) and $950.-(NIB). FWIW, the Weatherby commands a higher price (up to $1,500.-(Exc.). All of the Weatherby versions that I've seen had fantastic, highly figured Claro Walnut stocks. As always, check the online auctions for real-life current prices being PAID for the same model in like condition.

Angelo Zoli, as well as a number of other Gardone based gunmakers, built guns of varying quality according to a price point established by the importer/distributor. Angelo's guns have "book" values ranging from $40.-(poor) for the model Diano I up to $7,000.-(Exc.) for the Savana Deluxe O/U express rifle. in 9.3 x 74R mm.

Angelo Zoli has been out of business for over 20 years.

N.B.: This gun (as with the Weatherby Regency) is a boxlock action with dummy sideplates which are ornamental only.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.