CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laurona Shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:12 pm 
Limited Edition

In the local gun store down here at school they have a Laurona Eibar 12ga over under sitting on the used rack. It's an older gun and the blueing is fading to brown. They are asking $550. Has anyone heard of this gun manufacturer before and if so what did you hear about them quality wise. The gun at the store locks up very tight, and the top lever still sits off to the right a bit.

Post subject: Re: Laurona Shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:21 pm 
Call Tom Barker at 361-573-4867 (GUNS). Tom is the USA importer of Laurona shotguns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:19 am 
They are highly respected Spanish game guns, believed to be amongst the top current spanish makes.

Here is their site:
http://www.laurona.com/en/caza.html

With respect to price without knowing the model its hard to tell though they do keep their value beter than most, older, spanish guns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:23 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Sorry, that was me posting as guest previously...

Its not how well you shoot, its how much noise your gun makes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:34 pm 
Laurona shotguns are among the best made guns in the world. Wood for the stock is hand-selected and a bit of oil now and then really brings out the grain. Hand-carved detailing by true artisans in the Basque country in northwestern Spain. I have a 12 ga. O/U with fixed chokes (full, modified). It's great in the field, and also a good trap gun. I wish there was a dealer around here (Pensacola, FL).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

Nice guns....but they only make 12ga!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:13 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Laurona Eibar 12 Ga. over and under that was gift to me from my father, he purchased the gun when he was a, well allot younger than he is now. I love the gun it is beautifully engraved. However I do not know much about the history or the exact year it was made.