Shotgun Forum banner

Whitewing replacement stock with cast-on

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  MIBIGHNTR 
#1 ·
Inquiring for a friend who shoots left-handed (cross dominant vision) and recently acquired a Whitewing which comes standard with cast-off for righties. Anyone know if replacement stocks are available with cast-on for lefties? Regards, quadcab

#2 ·
I don't know if they are available or not, but I'm pretty sure that if they are available one will cost more than having the original stock bent. A lot more.

Why don't you contact Mike Orlen aobut it. He is one of the moderators of the Gunsmithing forum, and at the top of that forum there is a sticky that says all Shotgunworld members get his dealer price.

Here is his price list

#3 ·
Seamus; thanks for the reply. I live about 12 miles/15 minutes from Mike Orlen and have done some business with him in the past. He is a great guy to deal with and has threaded a couple of barrells for chokes for me while I waited (not long). My friend actually almost drives right by Mikes on his commute to and from work, so this is certainly an option. I don't know the limits of stock bending, but assume that the (righty) cast-off could at least be bent to neutral (no cast). My friend and I recently bought up the last Whitewings available at our local DICKS and the cast-off is great for me but isn't going to work so well for him. Thanks again,quadcab

#4 ·
Sent you a PM...

I had a 686 White Onyx Sporting that I looked into having the stock bent for me being a lefty. The person I went to was apprehensive about attempting this because of the high degree of RH cast.

I ended up buying a LH stock direct from Beretta and having him install it on my 686 instead. It improved my shooting right away!

Good Luck!

Mark

#5 ·
MIBIGHNTR; thanks for the reply. I'll mention that to my friend. Called Beretta and was told: $160 for a new stock and $120 to select one that matches the forarm and to fit if needed. Based on that, my friend will probably stop by to see what Mike Orlen has to say. I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works). Kind Regards, Quadcab

#6 ·
quadcab said:
I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works).
Just go to the top of any page on this site, and you will see a list of icons, and one of them will say "You have no new messages" or "You have one..." or whatever. Just click on that.

#7 ·
quadcab said:
MIBIGHNTR; thanks for the reply. I'll mention that to my friend. Called Beretta and was told: $160 for a new stock and $120 to select one that matches the forarm and to fit if needed. Based on that, my friend will probably stop by to see what Mike Orlen has to say. I didn't get the PM (or I don't know how to retreive it or how it works). Kind Regards, Quadcab
I purchased a set from Beretta so they would match each other. Plus my stock was oil finished and all they had was the gloss, so I wanted the whole gun in gloss so they would match.

Mine was $160 for the stock and $90 for the forearm, + shipping of course. If it will fit your buddies gun, and he is interested, I will cut him a deal on both.

I would go the bending route first as well, if that works for his gun.

Good Luck!

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.