Shotgun Forum banner

MEC 600 Jr (Pre-82 Model) ?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  deckart 
#1 ·
I have a MEC 600 JR manufactured before 1982. It has the old style pre crimp station with brass inserts and is very hard to adjust. Can I order the Spindex Kit for a new 600 Jr Mark 5 # 8439? OR, do I need the new Kit from the 82-85 # 8462? Which one will fit my re-loader?

#3 ·
Just get the Spindex kit with the mounting post.

Remove the whole star crimp starter assembly, put the new post on with nuts above and below the mounting plate and snap on the Spindex crimp starter.

If your loader is a 12 or 20 gauge and you plan to load both six- and eight-point crimps, you'll need a Spindex crimp starter for each.

The Spindex is a vast improvement over the old chrome-plated star crimp starter.

#5 ·
Robbie380 said:
Thanks Case. I will order a 12 gauge kit with a 6 and 8 point (8439136 and 8429128). I have 20 guages dies but I rarely load 20 gauge shells. I just wanted to make sure the newer parts would fit on my old loader.
Make sure that the mounting post is included, if not add that to your order $.85.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.