CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:21 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Fredericksburg VA
Sticking just with trap the small club I belonged to had 2 fields and the trap houses have been dusted 5 times (all by Pull triggers). I did one of them with my (new to me) Ljutic on my second shot. Got set, start to take up slack, BANG - DAMN :oops: , note to self Ljutic trigger has no slack. It's also amazing how many guys shoot the low house windows from station 8 in Skeet and very few are using releases. I never shot with anybody shooting releases in sporting clays so I am making an assumption that all the screwups there were pull triggers as well. So tell me again what makes the release more dangerous.

Shooters are dangerous and sometimes do dumb things and either trigger will allow them to.

--- Chip King ---




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Posts: 18008
Location: Capital District, NY
chipking wrote:
It's also amazing how many guys shoot the low house windows from station 8 in Skeet and very few are using releases.


In better than 3/4 of a million rounds I've fired, I've never seen a skeet shooter shoot the low house (or high house) window.

:shock:

_________________
There's no doubt that this administration is Marxist. The question is whether it's Karl or Groucho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:21 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Fredericksburg VA
Far less rounds than you but I've seen it twice and repainted after 2 others. Funny thing it was always on the bottom left corner no matter who did it. Never saw anyone shoot the hi-house can't say why the difference except maybe nerves on #24 and 25.

--- Chip King ---


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 am
Posts: 20702
Location: So Cal (Near Edwards AFB)
drsfmd wrote:
In better than 3/4 of a million rounds I've fired, I've never seen a skeet shooter shoot the low house (or high house) window.
I've never seen anyone run 200 straight. Obviously it isn't possible.
I've never seen a paramedic save anyone using CPR. Must not be possible.
I've never seen the Yankees win the World Series. That must be impossible too.

So many things I haven't seen. It's a wonder anything has ever been accomplished. :roll:

Give us a break. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Come into reality with the rest of us. You can't think of a single real reason that release triggers are less safe than a pull.

_________________
Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Image

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Posts: 18008
Location: Capital District, NY
Rastoff wrote:
Give us a break. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Come into reality with the rest of us. You can't think of a single real reason that release triggers are less safe than a pull.


I didn't say it's never happened. He suggested it was a frequent occurance.

You've even got other release shooters in this thread acknowledging that ADs are more common with release triggers, but you won't let it go...

_________________
There's no doubt that this administration is Marxist. The question is whether it's Karl or Groucho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Posts: 1968
Well, evidently in that release triggers are soooo dangerous, people who shoot release triggers must be vastly more superior in their gun handling to pull trigger shooters because so far, no release shooter has ever shot anyone yet pull trigger shooters are scared to death that one of their pull triggers buddies will be such a moron that they make pick up a release gun and somehow mange to shoot some one.

Got it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm
Posts: 80
I could see this being a problem,I was at an ATA shoot over the weekend were another guy on my squad grabbed another shooters gun,the two guns were nearly identical,luckily the guy who`s gun was taken by mistake noticed it right away, but what if he did not notice? and one was a release trigger and the other was not,proper safety procedures being noticed it should not have been a problem but if somebody has their head up their rear end,hummm who knows what could have happened?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Posts: 1968
Quote:
hummm who knows what could have happened?


That is what we keep asking and no one offers even a remotely likely scenario.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 1677
Nothing would happen, the person would have the gun go off in the air toward the trap. No body but an idiot would point a gun anywhere near a person, soooooo lets get a better subject to disscuss we are starting to sound like Aunt Bee on Andy Taylor. :wink:
DDF

At our trap club the house's have been shot at least 6 times all by pull trigger people :shock: we better not let them shoot anymore unless they have a release?? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm
Posts: 80
Take a pill,geez nobody is talking about banning release triggers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 am
Posts: 20702
Location: So Cal (Near Edwards AFB)
SCHUBS wrote:
Take a pill,geez nobody is talking about banning release triggers.

That's where you're wrong. People who live on the myths want exactly that. Clubs run by people like drsfmd who are afraid of what they don't like or understand, want to ban them.

_________________
Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Image

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 6945
Location: Tucson Az
I have followed this thread from the beginning and offer this,

1. a release trigger is jsut another trigger, Nothing good nor bad about it. Only the individual manipulating the trigger.
2. an accident is a very rare thing. Lots of wrecks of varying sorts come about due only to the negligence of the operators. triggers included.
3. I am quite certain of my firearms. I do not understand how we can spend so much money on a gun, and pluck up anothers off the rack by 'mistake'. I know where I place my gun, and in all the events i have shot, I will check to make certain it is my gun prior to advancing to the line. I would expect all to do just that.

While not all here will ever agree on one type of trigger or another, any trigger is dangerous in the hands of incompetence. Not all Nd's are attributable to incompetence, as some have explained, but also stated in the stories, it wasn't the triggers fault.

_________________
Jim,
Patriotism: Supporting your Country ALL THE TIME;
and your government when it deserves it - MARK TWAIN



follow this link to join the forum's bonus Membership
http://www.shotgunworld.com/memberships.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 70
Location: North Georgia
TylerAlan'93 wrote:
My release trigger sticker wore off after many years of use. And where can I get a new one?


Right here....
http://www.gamaliel.com/decalsstickers/release-trigger-decals.asp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:32 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 pm
Posts: 20
If you feel that you must have sticker on your gun, to indentify a release trigger. Why not make them on your computer? I have a sticker on my gun because club wants it. It is a club rule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 19
Location: CT | MA | NH
There seems to be a lot of frustration over this issue... I don't know much, but I can give you my opinion...

The majority, in fact the vast majority of the sport shoot the pull trigger. The release trigger is used by the minority, however it is frequent enough to come upon a release trigger while on the field.

If where you maintain a minority piece of equipment in a public place, such as shooting events, where there is a possibility, however unforeseeable, that a mistake of operation of the equipment could happen, then I think it should be labeled appropriately.

I have been shown personally a release trigger, and know its function now, but when I first started I hadn't a clue. And people of inexperience, are those whom this would help the most. Not a veteran shooter, as most of you seem to be on this forum.

There is a valid argument that no one should be touching someone else's gun, but it happens. I was instructed on a couple pistols the other day, one has a target trigger that was lighter than anything I had ever shot, while the carry pistol was strong and purposeful.

Were they marked? No, I was told before, and I feel this is a similar situation, but the mechanical action involved in the two deliveries, is the same, unlike in the case at hand.

No clear answer, but release triggers are not "unsafe" or need to be banned, but they could use a simple sticker to inform anyone around of there firing mechanism... If not to prevent someone from grabbing the wrong gun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Posts: 1968
Quote:
I don't know much, but I can give you my opinion


Thank you for your honesty. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:32 pm
Posts: 6411
Location: Creston, Iowa
I do add a release sticker to my stocks. A custom design, so to quicky recongnize my gun setting in a rack with outers. While never worrying about another shooter picking my gun up by mistake, although that has happened. Its common courtesy to ask permission to look at anothers gun setting in a rack. At minimum, the best way to not be at odds with someone else.

As far as the merits of release triggers, its the best thing that has happened to the shooting sports, because it extends shooting careers for life long shooters with tens of thousands of rounds down the barrel. It is easier to release in the first place, better timing for the second, and without the sticker few would even know shooting beside one.

Come to the conclusion that those that are negitive about release triggers generally don't understand them, skeet shooters against them are irrelevant. There so few skeet shooters in the grand scale of clay target sports, they seem obscure and tend to fit in only on the skeet field. When playing the game on rare occasion, I just fail to advise them that my gun has double release triggers in and no sticker. Most would never notice and no one picks up another shooters skeet gun without permission either.

This is a tired old arguement that has been decided on years ago.

Maltz

_________________
Have gun, will travel
http://www.cleartargetoptics.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Posts: 18008
Location: Capital District, NY
maltzahn wrote:
There so few skeet shooters in the grand scale of clay target sports, they seem obscure and tend to fit in only on the skeet field.



*Yawn*

Your attempt to throw fuel on the fire failed.

_________________
There's no doubt that this administration is Marxist. The question is whether it's Karl or Groucho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 19
Location: CT | MA | NH
maltzahn wrote:
Most would never notice and no one picks up another shooters skeet gun without permission either.

This is a tired old arguement that has been decided on years ago.

Maltz


I think you mean no one picks up another's gun on purpose, without permission.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Release trigger sticker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:32 pm
Posts: 6411
Location: Creston, Iowa
ScratchRob13 wrote:
maltzahn wrote:
Most would never notice and no one picks up another shooters skeet gun without permission either.

This is a tired old arguement that has been decided on years ago.

Maltz


I think you mean no one picks up another's gun on purpose, without permission.


Yes ....either way, your messin' around with fire. Just bumping anothers gun in the rack, will get heated. Especially if it has $3000.00 dollar custom wood on it. Makes one wonder, who gets DQ'ed for the pending arguement.

Maltz



_________________
Have gun, will travel
http://www.cleartargetoptics.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: AdsBot [Google], Alexa [Bot], Alfonsoot, bigjedd, Bing [Bot], cheepshot, D Brown, David McMillen, db999, digitalarmsdealer, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Jfwhit, outdoorsmen438, Patently Obvious, Shootshellz, TankRIP, Tozman, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group     -  DMCA Notice